Dak Bulgogi is a Korean grilled Chicken. It is very healthy because of the pepper it comprises. We all know the the various benefits of one bulb of pepper. Guess what? One spoon of Dak Bulgogi contains the abundance of five peppers!
I personally love this dish because of everything that it is- how it's done, how it's served, and most especially, how it is eaten (Korean way: eat a whole piece at one time-not by bites!).
While most of us don't really care about the health benefits we get from the foods we eat, Dak Bulgogi is still a winner for it's gratifying taste! For the crafty ones, good news! It's very easy to do!
- 500 grams Bountry Fresh Chicken - Thigh (without fat and skin with all part made into 0.3 cm thickness)
- 1 1/2 cups Bulgogi sauce
- 1-4 cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sea food dashida
- 2 teaspoons sugar syrup
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Denjang
- 1 tablespoon Gochu Jang
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 piece onions (sliced into rings)
- tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- stalk leeks
- 10 pieces sesame seed leaves
- 100 grams green lettuce
- 5 tablespoons bean paste
- 10 slices cucumber
- 5 pieces Chili (sliced)
- Slice the chickeninto 0.3 cm thickness for even cooking. Marinate it with the rest of the seasonings for at least 30 minutes or better if overnight.
- When ready, heat the pan and add in 1 tablespoon of bulgogi sauce and arrange the chicken in the pan; pur in the marinade sauce into portions. Cook it in medium heat until bottom turns into golden brown. Turn it over and cook the bottom with the same method. Add bulgogi sauce once in a while so that it will remain moist.
- When nearly done, add onions, garlic and leeks on top and let it simmer until cooked. Thciken the sauce with cornstarch and water mixture. Lastly add sesame oil and sesame seeds on top.
- To serve, chicken bulgogi is best eaten with sesame seed leaf and green lettuce with a spread of bean paste, sliced cucumber and chili. Fold the leaf to form into a packet and try to eat it all at the same time.