The SM Master Chefs' Cooking Marathon 2011 happened on the days of July, August, and September in the different SM Hypermarket Branches. Two recipes were shared by the chefs. One of which is the Cool Summer Chicken Salad.
Though the name says something about 'Summer', you can always create this dish at anytime. Salads fit to almost all of the occasions labeled on your calendar. Also, this dish composes of several healthy ingredients that taste good. The best part? It's easy to do!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Strawberry yogurt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 ripe melon/cantaloupe, cut into 1" pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups rotini penne pasta
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and mayonnaise then mix well. Set aside in a fridge while preparing rest of salad.
- Rub Chicken with salt and pepper and pan-fry until thoroughly cooked. Let cool then cut into 1" pieces, and add to salad dressing.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain then stir pasta into dressing; taste for seasoning.
- Mildly add melon/cantaloupe into the salad. Chill 1-3 hours until cold or serve immediately.
Check out the next post for the second recipe.